Baby Easton

For those of you that are unaware, my sister Sheena found out that there were some complications with their baby. Through testing they discovered that the baby had a rare condition called triploidy. The baby would not survive and also put Sheena at risk for developing a whole slew of things, including cancer. The doctors said they would need to induce her early.

This past Thursday, being 21 weeks along, Sheena was induced. I told Sheena I would take pictures. They didn't expect the baby to live long, so I got to be in the birth.

It was beautiful to see Sheena's courage and the way Sheena and Bradley pulled together as a couple as they faced this painful experience.





Sheena holding her baby for the first time. It was a tender moment to see the love she had for her new baby.  I still cry every time I see her grief in these pictures.



Baby Easton.  So tiny.  So sweet.  Such a special little spirit.



Payson and Sadie were so anxious to see their new little baby brother, especially Payson. He's talked about this baby with anticipation for months now. Although Bradley and Sheena had tried explaining that the baby would go live with Jesus, I'm not sure they really understood. As they waited outside in the waiting room i suspect they sensed something was wrong. Lynnae & me couldn't hold back tears. Sadie seemed nervous and a little confused as she comforted Lynnae by playing with her ear and giving her a hug.



Sadie and Payson get to see their new little brother for the first time. He's already passed away. I think they were a little confused. Bradley and Sheena said the baby was with Heavenly Father now, yet Payson was holding the baby. Although Sadie and Payson seem like their normal selves, I think there must be some level of comprehension. Sheena says that Payson doesn't ask about baby Easton any more.





Families can be together forever. Until we meet.



Easton Reisner    June 3, 2010



an applicable mormon message video

15 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing. Tears in my eyes for so many reasons right now. Sheena's beautiful spirit. Sadness for their family. Spirituality of childbirth. Innocence of children. Joy of knowing what is in store for them. Your pictures capture all of that michelle. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special experience! I am fighting back the tears. How strong your family is-I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have of a loving Heavenly Father. What beautiful pictures you took of the baby, Sheena, and then the whole family together. How great it is to know that they will be together forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, probably a lot of people would have thought pictures were inappropriate for this experience. My heart is grateful though that Sheena was brave enough to let the rest of us see her family's pain, joy, sorrow, and hope. Those pictures were so incredibly beautiful. I can't possibly describe the feelings that entered my heart as I saw those moments that you captured. Thank you Michelle...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a beautiful job capturing the emotions of everyone, and the sweet spirit of Easton. It is amazing to see Sheena and Bradley's strength through the whole experience. I am sure these are pictures they will always treasure! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was SO moved by that, Michelle. Thank you (and your sister) SO much for sharing that... It was really neat to see their strength and courage - it's rejuvenating for me. It meant a lot, even though I don't know her... can't explain it, but thank you both.
    *muah*
    P.S. Interestingly enough the word I have to type below to post here is, HERO. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking about this last night. . . you asked why Sheena, but the pictures answered that question.

    She turned to her father in heaven for strength. She turned to her husband for support. She loves her children, and nothing will change that.

    In such a trial not many people can hold true to what they believe as sheena did/is doing! She is a strong woman, and I am lucky to call her family!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very touching! I actually saw this yesterday and spent all day pondering Sheena's situation. As my heart broke, then rejoiced, I couldn't help but think what a special person Sheena is. Heavenly Father chose HER to have this trial. She knows that she WILL be with him again someday. What a blessing. Beautiful pictures, Michelle. The emotions are truly felt through them and I believe Sheena will be forever grateful for them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I just love that little baby with all my heart. What a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was looking through IHF's entries today and came across yours. And although, it is a super cute photo I came across this and wanted to comment as well. I am a labor and delivery nurse so I see fetal loss every now and then and it is difficult every. single. time. You captured something that will be remembered forever and that is the greatest gift you could give. Memories to hold onto--what beautiful moments you captured!
    You've got some great photos on here--I'll probably be back! :)

    ReplyDelete