Rome- day 3

Awe. Pastries from Europe. Yum! I think one of our favorite parts of Europe is tasting all the different food!
The funny thing to me is that they look so similar to the pastries I've grown to love in Spain, but they can taste so different. I was on a quest to find a napolitana (one of my favorite Spanish pastries), but even the pastries that looked identical to them, tasted very different.
Here we're enjoying mignons (basically cream puffs), croissants, persimmons from a local farmers market, cannolis, & tarts.
cv-34
cv-35
cv-36
Playing with the locals.
cv-37
The Burghese Museum & gardens.
Beautiful artwork inside.  Unfortunately, no cameras allowed.  The most impressive to me were the murals on the ceilings.  They were so amazing that my father-in-law mistook some of the painting as actual crown molding.  I had to ask one of the museum workers to confirm that it was part of the painting to convince him.  It was that good.
cv-38
cv-39
cv-40
cv-41
cv-42
Trevi Fountain This was a massive fountain!  (And very crowded as you can see.  I think had we come a day earlier, it wouldn't have been quite so busy.)
cv-72
cv-43
cv-44
The Pantheon. Also extremely crowded.
cv-45
cv-46
The famous coffered ceiling.
cv-47
cv-48
cv-49
cv-50
cv-51
cv-52
Spanish steps (if you can see them).
cv-53

No comments