Down to the River to Pray

This morning as I got ready for church I listened to "Peace Like River". At the time I didn't consider the baptism I'd be attending later that day. I agreed to photograph the baptism for my friend Amy (It was her daughter getting baptized. She's a fellow photographer friend that values good pictures, but just wanted to be the mom today, not the photographer. I was happy to do it). It was a beautiful baptism. It was in a river. As Adalee, her daughter, made her way towards the water, everyone sang "Shall We Gather at the River". I love that song. I have a beautiful version of it in my iTunes library by Bryn Terfel. Songs about rivers have been in my head the rest of the day.

After the baptism I spent a little time down by the river with my family.

"I've got peace like a river...I've got love like an ocean...I've got joy like a fountain...I've got peace, love and joy like a river in my soul".
It was a beautiful Sunday.

r-1
r-2
r-3
r-4
r-5
r-6
r-7
r-8
r-9
r-10

1 comment

  1. Hi Lucy:Sean's blogging effort should be very intrnestieg. It is quite a feat to pull together that many people and it should provide for some lively coverage.I wanted to let your readers know that The Chronicle of Philanthropy is planning to live blog the event, as well, for the first time. We'll have about a half-dozen reporters on hand to cover news, notes, and impressions at the conference.

    ReplyDelete