Portland, OR, part 1

We got invited to go and attend the kids' cousin Landon's baptism. Things worked out so we could go and with my mother in law and her optimism cheering me on, I found myself booking a trip to Oregon...as the sole traveling parent...for nine days! After booking, I really began to second guess myself. 9 days alone away from home?! What was I thinking?! And then the day before going my kids got sick...all of them! Diarrhea and fevers. Now I really was second guessing my sanity! But, my mother in law, the eternal optimist pointed out that it was such a blessing that I booked 9 days! We would still have Call it insanity, but I planned a 9 day trip to Oregon...as the sole parent going! Eek! What's worse, is all of my kids got sick right before we were scheduled to go! Traveling with four kids alone is not very fun, but with sick kids is torture! or-1
There was lots of fun in the pool. And we loved getting to go to Landon's baptism. Chase and Liam spoke. Liam spoke on the Holy Ghost. or-2 Chaz and Kennedy really hit it off and did all sorts of cute things together...including "playing" chess. or-3 Some of the best grandkid/grandparent pictures ever! or-4 or-5 Hairdye and bubbles or-6 or-7 Chaz loved having so much attention from girls! or-8 Ashley took us out to Ecola state park to go to the beach- Cannon Beach, where they filmed Goonies! It was slightly chilly, but gorgeous! or-9 or-10 or-11 or-12 We finished the day off with pizza and ice cream! or-13

No comments