Vacation part 1- Washington DC

Chad and me have not taken a vacation since we have moved to Missouri and it was time!  We've been putting aside money every month and we decided it was time to put that money to good use.  We decided to go to DC (I've never been there but Chad has) and NYC (Chad's never been but I have).  We had a TON of fun!  Here's some pictures from Washington DC part...sorry, there's a lot (I have about 700 pictures...it's hard to weed that down)!

Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian-


The United States Botanic Garden-



Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum-

(Thanksgiving dinner...a day late...enjoyed in the air and space museum cafeteria)

The Capitol Building & Washington Monument- 



The Thomas Jefferson Building-


The National Museum of American History-

(Julia Child's kitchen below in case you're wondering...)

The Lincoln Memorial National Monument-



(this was the best picture I could get of the "I Have A Dream" because every african american there would stop and give some sort of speech of their own for their personal camcorder)

The Vietnam Veterans War Memorial-

The Metro-

United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (one of my favorite things we did)-
(my last mission companion that I absolutely love and that taught me sooo much!  Such a tender mercy to randomly run into her as we were leaving and she was coming.)

Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History-
(the Hope diamond)

George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens (my other favorite place we visited)-
(chocolate making of George Washington's day)



(Liam's favorite part was the animals...and they loved him too!)




Union Station (taking the train to NYC)


to be continued...

1 comment

  1. Wow what an exciting trip! I've been there too. It's an awesome adventure. So glad you got to go. I love that you randomly ran into an old mission companion! Very neat.

    ReplyDelete