St. Louis arch

Chad's mom flew in to watch our kids for a weekend so we could go have some couple time. But things had been pretty CRAZY for us and we didn't have the time to even figure out what or where we would go. I didn't feel comfortable leaving the baby (he still breastfeeds and the longest I've ever left him is probably 2 hours with a babysitter...he's also very much a mama's boy & cried the whole time I left him with my sister the other day for an hour long doctor visit) and Chad didn't want to go somewhere with the baby.  So thus, our dilemma.  Time was running out to decide on a plan of action (we intended to go somewhere Thursday after Chad's work). Wednesday night the idea of going to Chicago with the kids & my mother-in-law came up (I'm sure I suggested it, I've been fighting to go to Chicago for 6 years!).  We could go and do some things as a family, but also go out and do things alone as a couple and we'd have my mother-in-law there to watch the kids in the hotel.  So thus the idea was born and we made very last minute, spontaneous plans to go to Chicago.

I literally booked the hotels Thursday afternoon, we threw bags together and we left a few hours later.  We made the 3 1/2 hour drive to St. Louis where we would stay the night.  The next morning, we made a stop at the St. Louis arch.  Last time we went we just had Liam.  It was fun to bring the whole crew along.

STL-1
STL-2
STL-3
STL-4
STL-5
STL-6
STL-7

No comments