NYC, part 3

We rode a tourist hop on/hop off bus and it would've been pretty cool, but all the audio wasn't working so we couldn't hear what the tour guide was saying. We got off near Central Park and took a stroll. nycss-30 We made our way to the American Museum of Natural History. My kids were so excited to watch Night At the Museum after they found out that their mom and dad had gone there. nycss-29 nycss-28 nycss-31 Rockefeller Plaza nycss-32 One of the highlights of the trip for me- Top of the Rock. nycss-33
nycss-34 nycss-35 nycss-36 nycss-37 nycss-38 nycss-39 nycss-40 nycss-41 The Christmas tree at Rockefeller Plaza nycss-42 We caught the tail end of a light show on Saks. nycss-43 And that night we saw the broadway show Waitress. Sara Baralies wrote the music and that was fun to hear, but the plot line was disturbing for me. I didn't know that it was essentially about an affair. In the end, they end things and go their separate ways, but it made me frustrated that they really minimized the consequences of the affair. They seemed to say, we had our fling and we stopped it so it's all okay & we can go back to normal life. I was left thinking about all the potential drama lying in the future and burden of secrets that would weigh on the characters' consciences. I believe in second chances and repentance, but I didn't see any sort of repenting, just the stopping of bad behavior. So I thought it an oversimplification to have a happy ending to the play. Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend this one. nycss-44

No comments