General Conference Pics

This has never ever happened! Not even with one kid!

We went to take our semi-annual "general conference" pictures this afternoon (yes, we did have a one year lapse. I was sick the last 2 general conferences). We got all set up and then I realized I forgot my remote to trigger the camera!! Ugh! I guess I'd just have to do the click and run thing with the self timer.

Then, like a miracle, we nailed it on the 2nd picture! We didn't know what to do with ourselves! Did we actually just get a keeper?! In disbelief at our good fortune we took more (just in case the screen on the back of my camera was deceiving me). I'm proud to say we got at least 3 decent pictures (decent meaning everyone is looking in the direction of the camera and has a semblance of a smile)! Hurray!

general conf pics10.14-5lips1648

general conf pics10.14-1-1648ageneral conf pics10.14-2-1648bAs for favorite talks…there were so many!  Here's a few of my favs with my humble one-liner synopsis.

Lynn G. Robbins - the direction we face is important

Chi Hong (Sam) Wong - very cool perspective on the man sick with the palsy that was healed by the Savior after friends lowered him through the roof.

Dallin H. Oaks - how to better love our neighbor

Jorg Klebingat - spiritual confidence before God & overcoming shortcomings

Dieter F. Uchtdorf - cool perspective on the last supper and the disciples' question- "Lord, is it I?"

And the next sermons that I loved do not have the links up yet to watch or listen to them because they were just given today.  I imagine they'll be up tomorrow.  But links for all the talks can be found here - October 2014 LDS General Conference

Richard G. Scott - the blessing of opposition and how prayer, scripture study, weekly family night, & going to the temple help us

Carlos A. Godoy - how to make correct choices & differentiating between good and better

Larry Kacher - cool story about getting caught in a riptide and likening it to the currents in life that can lead us astray

David A. Bednar- why people of the LDS faith are so anxious to share their faith with others

No comments