Spain, day 6

San Juan del Gaztelugatxe...237 stairs til you reach the top.

Reluctantly, we left all of our luggage in our car (we were on our way to Gijón) with no way to hide that fact (kinda hard to do any hiding in a smart car). Did I mention there were warning signs about leaving your belongings in your car? Or that I read one review about this hike saying 'beware, there are thieves that have broken into cars'.

To hike, or not to hike? That was the question. We decided to hike!

Our plan was make the hike in record time, but once we got to the top, we forgot about our plan & lost ourselves in the beauty. Oh well. But lucky for us, no one broke into our car!
D6R-1
D6R-5
D6R-2
D6R-4
D6R-3
D6R-6
D6R-7
D6R-8
D6R-9
D6R-10
D6R-16
D6R-11
D6R-12
D6R-13
D6R-14
After this, it was off to Gijón! Gijón was the first city I served in as a missionary.
D6R-15
Roman Baths.  I never even knew these were here!  And I lived within just a few minutes walking distance for 4 1/2 months!
D6R-17
D6R-18
We always called this the toilet bowl as missionaries. I'm pretty sure that's not the real name. When you stand in the center, you can hear the ocean in "surround sound".
D6R-21
The colors in the ocean are among some of my favorites!
D6R-19
D6R-20
My old apartment on Ramon y Cajal.
D6R-23
Dinner for the night. Spanish salad (probably the only dish that I'll enjoy anchovies), Chorizo with grilled bell peppers, eggs & french fries (what a combination!...but the chorizo was sooo good!), & tortilla sandwhich.  Believe it or not, we almost finished off all this food!
D64-22
And our hotel room. Hotel Arena (nice enough hotel...good location...continental breakfast...horrible wifi!).
D6R-24

1 comment

  1. Michelle! I'm not just saying this because I love you, but these pictures are amazing! It's like looking at a travel book or something. You really seemed to capture the beauty around you. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete