A nice girl like me...

Marjorie Hinkley once said something along the lines of 'How did a nice girl like me end up in a place like this?'.

I used the same line all the time when I was a missionary in Spain...like the time my companion and I were approached by an older gentleman thinking he could buy our "services" (hello!  I have a name tag with the words "Jesus Christ" and "Hermana" on it!)...or the time I found myself doing dishes for a woman that sat in the corner of the kitchen on a stool refusing to speak as we awaited the arrival of her daughter that apparently foamed at the mouth (...let me remind you that in Spain, they greet with kisses)...or the time I rang the doorbell to an apartment and it got stuck (and let me also add this was one of those annoying "UURRGG" (does that make sense??) ones) and a large black man answered yelling "Quuee"?!?!...or the time my companion and I led a blind man to his destination and we learned that he knew a little english...all words I won't mention here...or the time...well, you get the picture.

Sometimes I think the same thing...how did a nice girl like me end up in a place like this?  I'm not trying to complain.  I have a lot to be grateful for.  Sometimes life is difficult though.  And sometimes it's comical.  Oh, the places and circumstances life takes us to.

Sometimes I wonder if Eve ever asked the same question.  I bet she did.


*this picture has nothing to do with anything...I just thought it was funny and I think every blog post is more fun with pictures.  :)

No comments